Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Why I'm 'not responding' to your e-mail

I absolutely hate getting these. I've yet to comply.

I apologize for this automatic reply to your email.

To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand.

If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience.

Click the link below to fill out the request:

https://webmail.pas.earthlink.net/wam/yadda/yadda/yadda

You wrote me asking for help. I responded within minutes with advice--at no charge. And I'm supposed to spend more of my finite time filling in a silly form at Earthlink so you can get the answer? No.

Good luck on that problem, btw.

1 comment:

Annette M. Hall said...

Kay,

I couldn't agree more. I simply refuse to fill out those stupid e-mail forms, just so that someone can receive my response.

These people need to get a real e-mail spam program, like SpamBayes.

I don't know about you but, I simply don't trust those links and with so many viruses going around these days, it's a security risk to click on unknown links in e-mail.

Thanks for writing about one of my own pet peeves.