Saturday, January 12, 2008

Johnson's Garcia Poll Concludes

BOE Member Karen Johnson has closed her poll on MNPS Director of Schools Dr. Pedro Garcia.

Her poll asked simply: Are you pleased with Schools Director Dr. Pedro Garcia's performance?

Yes 73 33%
No 106 48%
Somewhat 43 19%
Total 222 100%

That 33% solid yes seems pretty shakey compared to the unsure and noes that add up to the other 67% . She also reports that all the BOE member evaluations are in the hands of the Tennessee School Board Association's facilitator who will reveal all on Tuesday, January 22 at 5:00 p.m.

At the top right you'll see our comparatively small number of voters (we have lots more readers than this, folks) are of the opinion it's time for Garcia to go. There's still time to vote. It'll stay open through the 20th (Sunday). Another week to gather information and cast your vote.

No comments: