Friday, January 19, 2007

Free speech isn't free

I'm glad to read the Bennett amendment to SB1 the Legislative Transparancy and Accountability Act has passed. My thanks to those organizations that were watchmen on the walls and sounded the battle cry. I was not surprised that the new Democratically controlled congress felt the need to protect me from misinformation and lack of information but I'm an adult now, have been for quite some time. I don't need a nanny. And when groups like OMB Watch advocate for this and they report their largest donors as Anonymous 1 and Anonymous 2 --I don't believe they're walking the talk.

On the horizon: if you haven't already--you may want to amend your W4 for the coming year to raise the amount withdrawn from your paycheck every week. Someone's going to have to pay for that broadband access, student loans and the sacrificing of babies to follow the sketchy science of embryonic stem cell research.


No comments: