Saturday, September 06, 2008

I'm inactive

Some of you may remember that the Metro Nashville Council appointed me to the Metro Nashville Public School Board in the Summer of 2006. After being 'hired' in order to get paid I was required to fill out an application. This week I've gotten two messages from MNPS warning me:

Dear Applicant,

According to our records, you have not logged on to your application with Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools for the last 120 days. Therefore, we are moving your application to an Inactive status. Should you wish to reactivate your application, you may log on to your application and do so at any time. Thank you for your interest in MNPS.

I thought the whole application process was inappropriate and cumbersome to start with. It took weeks for them to refund the fee for the 'mandatory' background check that's not actually mandatory for school board members. Hopefully, opting out of their inactive warnings won't take as long. 


No comments: