Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Designated sitter problems

Well Michael Cass of the Tennessean answers the "Where was David Briley during the English First vote?" question:

(By the way, mayoral candidate David Briley, who was at the meeting but missed the vote, told me later that he wasn’t ducking controversy. He said he was out of the room trying to track down his mother, who was supposed to pick up his son tonight while Briley and his wife were both working. He said he had been unable to get in touch with her all evening.

“I voted no before, and I would have again,” Briley said. “There was nothing for me to gain by not being there.”)

Not good. It was about 8:00 when that vote was taken. I hope this was an unusual glitch and these folks work out the designated sitter issue. I feel for Sam. That's a long day for a small child. It's going to be a long campaign season too.

No comments: