My state representative opines on the new Republican controlled Tennessee legislature:
"I think our friends across the aisle have some bad things in store for the people of Tennessee," said Old Hickory Rep. Mike Turner, who was elected [Democrat] caucus chairman.
600 billion800 million dollars in illegal over the Copeland Cap spending?
- Like a 17 million dollar party bunker?
- Like Crutchfield, Ford, Ford, Bowers, Dixon, Briley & Cooper?
- Like stealing elections from fellow party member Kurita and making a mockery of the election process?
- Like propping up a Lt. Governor who pontificates to the point that, to paraphrase O. Ford, hasn't been hitting on nothing with most of us for some time?
- Like allowing junior high treatment of 'friends across the aisle' in committee meetings?
- Like using the Calendar and Rules Committee to kill legislation that did manage to get through the stacked against it committee system?
- Like refusing to require recorded votes in every committee to ensure cover for election time?
- Like creating a literal back room for deal making during recent renovations?
- Like ignoring a huge ethics issue with the Speaker and his lobbyist wife
- Like expending money for golf courses and college quads over classroom funding for K-12?
- Like letting Memphis legislators drive education policy for the whole state?