Monday, August 25, 2008

Eminent Domain motions still set for Friday

We can only assume that the 'compromise' that MDHA had the news media believing was imminent between MDHA and Joy Ford of Country International Records was weeks premature. I heard from Joy Ford this weekend. The hearing regarding her and MDHA (on behalf of Lionstone Group) is still on for Friday.

Miss Joy tells me that Institute for Justice attorney Scott Bullock said supporters should be in place by 9:00 a.m. on THIS Friday August 29th. The hearing is in Judge Barbara Haynes Third Circuit courtroom at the Nashville Metro Courthouse, One Public Square. I'm going to do my best to find one of Miss Joy's signature scarves to wear that morning. I don't think I can pull off the hat as well as she does.

I did notice a couple of weeks ago that the barrier closing the old alley on the right side of Miss Joy's property had been shoved aside far enough to allow vehicle traffic to pass through. Last week I noticed the barrier had been moved and was over by the hotel fence and out of the way entirely. As of yesterday, Lionstone's property is still an eyesore and there has been no obvious effort on their part to clean up and tend to the property they already own.

And speaking of the hotel, Lionstone Group wanted the hotel's land also but the hotel managed to win their court battle and keep Lionstone Group on the other side of the fence. I certainly hope Lionstone loses again.

No comments: