Monday, May 12, 2008

Hall instead of Haynes

A big upside to the nonsense that was Rep. G. A. Hardaway's (D-Memphis) attempt to test non-public schoolers, that would be the attack before the current homeschool diploma's are 'worthless' attack, I met Michelle Hall. She and several of her children attended one of those hearings and she introduced herself and told me that her husband David Hall, a Goodlettsville small businessman, was running against Joe Haynes (D-Nashville) in the 20th Tennessee Senate District. It was very good news at a very frustrating time.

I just got an email from Michelle this morning letting me know that David's website is up and they're ready to get volunteers lined up in preparation for what I'm sure is going to be a hard push back from Sen. Haynes. You'll find some of David's positions at his 'Return to Common Sense' page. His children have created DemocracyMeetTheHalls.com which is their e-book about their dad.

So I'm happy to pass on to you my recommendation that you vote for this Republican on November 4. That seems like a long lazy summer away but November will be here before you know it and now is the time to ensure that David has a firm foundation and the resources necessary to actually win in November and that the Senate continues in Republican hands.

No comments: