Thursday, January 11, 2007

Out of date

I was cruising through the Metro Council Agenda trying to check on some things and needed to reference the Metro Code in order to know just what was going on with a particular bill. Unfortunately, the code I needed to read hasn't been added to the online version of the Metro Code. In fact that online version hasn't been updated since April of 2006 according to its main page.

A call to the Metro Clerk's office provided the frustrating information that the code is only updated three times a year. The code I needed to read was passed in August of 2006 but still doesn't appear in this online version five months later. The clerk told me how to search the ordinances waiting in the que for the update but I don't understand why five months after the bill is passed the code hasn't been updated and made readily available to the general public.

No comments: