Thursday, May 18, 2006

And so it begins

This afternoon Judge Carol Solomon graciously interrupted her busy day and officiated at my swearing in as the new MNPS School Board Representative for the 5th District. Family and friends were in attendance.

I have received many notes of support and encouragement as a result of the Metro Council's vote on Tuesday. They have been a salve and an encouragement. Thank you all for writing. My heartfelt thanks to the councilmen that believed the good reports about me and decided that I was worth taking a chance on:

Jason Alexander, Feller Brown, Carl Burch, Michael Craddock, Eric Crafton, Buck Dozier, Adam Dread, Jim Forkum, Randy Foster, Jim Gotto, Jason Hart, J. B. Loring, Rip Ryman, Parker Toler, Charlie Tygard, Ludye Wallace, Harold White and Edward Whitmore. These men will not be disappointed or embarrassed by their votes.

It was a treat to learn yesterday that one of the perks of being on the BOE is our special place in the graduation ceremonies. I was tickled to learn that my first graduation will be at East Literature where old friends have a daughter graduating. I'll try not to embarrass her but I consider it a special gift that she'll be part of my first official duties. Mazel tov sweetie. :-)

No comments: