Thursday, April 13, 2006

Why should I pay twice?

The recent excellent investigative reporting by the Tennessean actually lured me back to subscribing. Today I discovered something new--I have to pay for archived articles. I'm a subscriber--why should I have to pay for archived articles? I know Gannett has to recoup its expenses somehow, but maybe they ought to sell free archive access as a benefit of subscribing?

However, it was apparent yesterday they may not have the whole subscribing thing down since we got a card asking us to subscribe. The money is coming out of my checking account and the paper magically appears in the drive every morning---I'd call that subscribing.

Interestingly the paper is using the same NewsBank service the library does--and I'm not charged if I utilize their web site: http://www.library.nashville.org/Index.html.





Tennessean Archives

Newspaper archive powered by


We are delighted you have decided to purchase an article from our archive.

First purchase? Please begin by entering payment information.

Already have an archives account? Sign in below:

No comments: