I spent a little time at the Davidson County Election Commission this morning checking on papers pulled for the upcoming election and getting copies of financial statements from previous elections. There were a couple of surprises in the trip.
- MNPS BOE Chair Marsha Warden hasn't picked up a qualifying petition as of about 11:30 a.m. today.
- Neither has Ed Kindall
- Councilman Eric Crafton has.
- Former Superintendent of Schools Pedro Garcia donated $200 to George Thompson for the 2004 election.
- Gracie Porter has $2,210.75 in her fund BUT also owes herself $1,000.00.
- Financial disclosure statements are burned after 5 years so there is no public record beyond that. I was told that was law, not policy.
More later when I've had time to really go through these.