Monday, February 19, 2007

Another homeschooler runs for BOE

This time it's John O'Neil in McHenry County, Illinois (that's at the very northern edge of Illinois east of Chicago).


So, why does O’Neill want to be on the school board?

There are three main reasons:

  • First, I want to make sure that the children of the district receive the best education possible.
  • Second, I want to make sure the school district lives within its means.
  • Third, if I ever enroll my children in public schools, I want to know what they are being taught.
(snip)
“I don’t think we need to raise our taxes any higher than they are, especially through threats and intimidation. The school district needs to live within its means just like our fellow parents and taxpayers.“ Illinois Review

Again, the public school system is public and each member of the public, each taxpayer and each voter has the right and responsibility to help shepherd the system to ensure that children are given a good education. We are all going to live in the world these children will eventually run. Mr. O'Neil is to be commended and thanked for his participation in the process.

No comments: