Sunday, March 26, 2006

If it's Sunday--

the front page of the Tennessean will contain some article of controversy about the Christian church. This habit is one of the reasons I unsubscribed from the paper for such a long time. Their current good investigative work drew me back but it may not be permanent.

Really, I don't appreciate dragging in that big bundle of newprint, culling out the ads and, useless to me, classified and sports sections and then the first thing I read of the less than half that is left is some controversy as I head out to my own house of worship.

I don't recall regular Friday edition articles about divisions in the Islamic faith or Saturday exposes about the local Jewish congregations.

IF these discussions between faith members need front page coverage, and they usually don't--why are they routinely saved for Sundays?

No comments: