Friday, October 21, 2005

Nashville politics from the inside

Those of you interested in what's going on in Nashville politics will want to bookmark (add to your RSS feed) Word on the Street.

Birthed on Wednesday I just heard about this and the flap over Evergreen's demolition in Inglewood and behind the scenes insight make up the first two posts.

Today's post says that for the first time in his six year tenure the mayor is calling department heads together.

"I don't know yet what's happening, but I do know that a lot of dept. heads are real nervous. I mean the throwing up kind of nervous."

I'm all for sunshine into the workings of our city. I certainly wish Word all the best and hope it'll be a factual and insightful peek into what's going on in Metro government.

Welcome to the blogsphere, Word.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading posts it seems like this blog should be called Nashville smear campaign from the dark side.

Kay Brooks said...

You're welcome to provide an alternative view. I'll look forward to reading it.

Anonymous said...

There may be some truth to the tales posted by the blogger who writes "Nashville politics from the inside" but it is certainly difficult for the average reader to discern based on my perception of the writer's bias against targeted individuals and/or his or her hidden agenda.

However, I will offer an alternative view as two things come to mind...the old axiom that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and a Bible verse:

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

Ephesians 4:29, New International Version

http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Ephesians+4:29

While I do believe your blog is intended to enlighten and educate, I do not hold the same opinion about "Word on the Street" and other blogs of that nature.

Thank you for time and efforts to make Nashville a better place for our children.

Kay Brooks said...

You're welcome. I hope I am being helpful.

You're right, it's hard for the average reader to verify the legitimacy of what Word on the Street publishes. I suppose that it will take a track record of being right in order for them to achieve trust in this area.

It will also take those that know what is true to point out any errors at Word on the Street.

I've also learned that one person's charge of 'unwholesome' talk can be used as a way to censure legitimate criticism. And, also, that the rules I try and adhere to because of my faith are not ones I can count on or expect others to play by.

thanks again for reading. :-)