Monday, December 03, 2007

Touching base

I've not disappeared. It's just been a tremendously busy week or so with rehearsals for the Christmas program at church, decorating the church, the actual performance, a Christmas marketplace where one child a bit more than doubled the 'talents' she'd been given in Sunday School (Check Matthew 25:14) oh and overseeing the production of the products sold. Then throw in the Mayor's "Connecting with Communities" meeting and my mom starting the cataract surgery journey and I've never been so dependent upon my Outlook calendar. It's looks nearly as colorful as the lights on the tree that will eventually get put up. :-)

In the meantime I ran into a very helpful blog and I wanted to be sure to get the word out. I've been hanging around computers since punch cards so I'd consider myself fairly knowledgeable about the subject. However, things are expanding and changing at such a rate that I'm beginning to wonder what I'll do when the computer geek I birthed heads off in a couple of years. So, introducing:

ParentalTech.com (Seriously, bookmark this site, add it to your RSS feed--don't lose track of it.)

ParentalTech is blog about technology and kids, written for parents. Technology and internet culture are deeply ingrained into the lives of our children. This blog will help you keep up with them.
You may disagree with his parenting comments or his opinion on ala carte cable but do yourself a favor and overlook that for the gems that will keep you up-to-date regarding computer and online issues in regard to your children. It's a pretty new blog so you're not far behind.

1 comment:

COD said...

Disagree with me? I just don't see how that's possible ;)

Thanks for the plug.