Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Netflix nonsense

I got a notice this morning telling me I'm part of a class action lawsuit against Netflix. It seems someone took their advertising literally when they said 'unlimited' and 'next day' delivery of the DVD's. That didn't always happen and they've gone whining to a court.

So now, because we had a subscription the plaintiffs have wasted my valuable time by throwing out as broad a net as possible and included me in their foolish waste of effort. The notice says I have several response options none of which fits what I really want to do.

I want an option that says: I don't want to be a part of this suit. I wasn't harmed. I don't want one free month of service. I don't want to bring my own lawsuit. I don't want these plaintffi's speaking for me or counting me in the numbers of folks they're representing.

I want an option that says--this was a waste of my time, the court's time, taxpayer resources, and the plaintiffs should be ordered to get a real life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can opt out. Instructions are here at http://www.netflixsettlementsucks.com/ . You're not alone in your opinion. It looks like there are lots of folks out there who agree with you.

Nita, never a netflix user